Monday, July 9, 2007
Martin Welch- The Great Mountaineer!
Martin Welch is an instructor and guide Northwest Adventure. This is situated in the south of the Isle of Skye. Where there are famous mountain ranges which include Skye's famous Cuillins. Also the nearby mountains ranges are the Britains mountains and within reach are the Torridons, Kintail, Knoydart and many others from north to the south.
Mr. Welch started mountaineering for more that 21 years. He transferred in the North West Highlands 19 years ago. But still, continued his love for the mountains and the wild remote areas in Scotland. He is also a professional instructor in rock climbing and he is a leader for the corporate events management training on Skye becomes.
For 12 years, Welch is a member of Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and for 10 years he achieved his MIC (This is the UK's highest mountaineering qualification) 10 years ago.
Here are the different mountaineering experiences of Martin Welch:
1. Reaching 8000m in the Himalaya on an attempt on Makalu.
2. Filmed the first non stop traverse of the Alpine 4000m peaks by Simon Jenkins and Martin Moran.
3. Climbed over 30 new routes in summer and winter in North West Scotland.
4. First ascents of unclimbed mountains in the Indian Himalaya.
5. Climbed in Canada, the Himalya, the Alps and Norway.
6. Extensive year round experience of Scotland’s mountains.
7. Has worked with the renowned mountain guide Martin Moran for over 15 years.
Many people are commonly afraid or anxious during a trip to the mountains, and his patience and understanding has helped countless clients overcome these fears and allow them to enjoy a stress-free and rewarding trip to the hills.
at 11:31 PM